All best travel apps can make traveler’s life easier. Nowadays we can have everything at the click of a button. There are so many travel apps which are useless and the temptation to download all of them is strong. When you travel choose the best travel apps to face any situation before and during your trip. Don’t weigh down the your phone’s software, otherwise you will have low performance and little room to capture the best moments of your trip.
Let’s get started! 🙂
BEFORE YOU START YOUR TRIP:
1. SKYSCANNER. It compares the prices of many low cost airlines and you can find any type of flight according to your needs: direct, indirect, economic, business. A must for people traveling by air.
2. KAYAK. I think this is one of the most best travel apps ever. It allows you to compare many offers of trips, flights, hotels, cars, last minute deals, prices for luggage. It is synchronized with MyTrips, which is a travel agenda where there is a summary of your trip plans. It also displays terminal maps.
3. BOOKING. This is one of my favourite travel apps. I never had any problems in booking a hotel. My advice, however, is to use it in combination with an app like Tripadvisor or Gogobot, to read travelers’ reviews.
4. HOTEL TONIGHT. This travel app allows you to find amazing last minute hotels deals and it also gives you recommendations for activities.
5. ROOMER. I often use this app. You can book hotel rooms from other people who have to cancel their reservation or sell your already-paid-for hotel reservation.
6. AIRBNB. This amazing travel app allows you to find accommodation in the world: houses, b&b, rooms. You can also rent your house. I love it, because you can also find unusual houses!
7. TRIPADVISOR. Check out travelers’ reviews but beware! They are not always reliable. If a hotel has only positive reviews, maybe they are from friends supporting its business. Usually, active reviewers are more reliable. There are also people who give negative reviews to damage businesses! In short, opt for something in between and don’t forget that we all have different opinions!
8. HITLIST. Choose the places you would like to visit and you will receive the best deals in your email! Flights are booked through Skyscanner.
9. CITY MAPS 2 GO. The feature of this travel app is that it requires no wi-fi spot or data service to work. Just download the map you need and use it during your trip. It is perfect for a business trip. Download the map of your destination before you leave and you can use it anywhere, anytime.
10. TRIPIT. One of the best travel apps to plan your itinerary entirely: reservation confirmations, flights and the distance of the hotel, which is important to save time while you travel.
11. PACKING PRO. This is a paid app, but it is the best travel app to create your customized packing list. One of the features I like the most about this application is that it can be set up for both adults and children. Perfect for family trips! You can also calculate the weight of your buggage. The app costs 2.99€. If you want a free app the best is PACK POINT.
DURING YOUR TRIP:
12. GOOGLE MAPS. It allows to plan your itinerary and get directions to reach a point of interest. It also shows how many minutes the route takes. You can save time when you travel! It also works offline, just save your itinerary before you use it.
13. MOOVIT. Do you use public transport? Moovit allows you to find the quickest routes in real time and info about buses, trains, subway lines! It has an interactive map and you can also plan your route.
14. CITYMAPPER. This is a great travel app, better than Moovit, but at the moment there are only a few cities. You can check out times and departures in real time for buses, trams, metro, trains and bike stations.
15. WAZE. I think you don’t like to get stuck in traffic, just like me 😉 Waze gives you real-time info about traffic conditions: accidents or hitches for work in progress. You can organize an alternative route saving time!
16. WIFI FINDER. This app allows you to find free or paid public wifi hotspots. I only use it for business trips, otherwise I prefer to detox as much as possible from the web.
17. ONAVO. It keeps you updated on your mobile data and you can control the roaming costs.
18. FUEL BUDDY – CAR MILEAGE LOG. If you travel by car (this is one of the thing I love the most) this is one of the best travel apps. You can track mpg, costs, frequency of fuel stops. You can also email your fuel logs.
19. ITRANSLATE. Are you traveling abroad? Maybe you don’t know languages and you need an automatic translator. iTranslate is my favorite one!
20. YELP. It allows you to find any activities nearby: restaurants, pubs filtering searches price, distance. Very useful!
I created an infographic just for you!
Did I miss any? Please suggest your best travel apps in the comments.