Hey there! My name is Maria Orlando, but often my friends call me Maria Sole. I’m Italian. Sicily is my beautiful land. My life flows between the sea and my wonderful volcano Etna, which Sicilians call a’ muntagna. I’m life addicted and I have an innate curiosity. I define myself as a Beauty Researcher cause I think that
beauty is in the simple things around us. Just open your eyes and your soul. Be perceptive.
I’m a social media strategist and blogger, specialized in web and emotional marketing. I worked as event and meeting planner (more events, more trips), then as project leader in the corporate training market, where I learnt a lot about personality and communication, attending NLP and Structogram courses. I also worked in tourism and fashion industry as social media marketing manager and blogger. I am freelance and I help companies build their personal brand and their presence on the web. I’m always open to new opportunities (feel free to contact me), because I live to the fullest and I want to learn as much as I can! Travellector is my project and also a challenge, because English is not my native language. Here is how Travellector works. Well, there are so many things to say… I prefer to talk about my personal background. It is funnier 😉
I am a hungry traveler. I’ve been traveling across Europe for years. I often go back to the places that I’ve already visited because it is not true that the places are always equal. What it changes is the perception of the same place that drives you to discover hidden corners. I have visited almost all European countries (but you know that it is impossible to see everything in a country). I love small towns, those characteristic not yet industrialized, that’s why you will read about many European unknown destinations on my blog.
WHAT I LIKE:
• I love kind and collaborative people, creating honest ties and show themselves for what they really are. I love funny, ironic and self-mocking people living life to the fullest and make good use of their time. I love curious people, those who want to discover the world around them. I’ve been always curious about life. When I was a child (I wanted to become an archaeologist) I always rummage in the drawers of my house. My mother was very happy about it lol
• I love meeting new friends, because people are stories.
• I could never give up my books. I always read books, especially the ones about women’s stories who live in remote countries, struggling to assert their freedom. Fantasy, dramatic, funny, philosophical books. Yes, I also love going to the cinema.
• I’m a big fan of essential oils, teas and infusions. I’ve tried all kinds of them and I came to the conclusion that I could drink 50 liters a day and I know that there would still be room in my stomach for a few liters more. I love the green tea and the tea Pu-Erh, infusions with flowers and fruits. Feel free to ask me everything about this topic.
• I love cooking, especially Mediterranean dishes and desserts (Chocolate donuts, cupcakes and cookies). Chocolate is my best friend. I only need a kitchen and some tools and I will start cooking immediately.
• I love music and I play the piano since I was 8 years (well, I started when I was 4 playing a piano toy, is it the same?). I studied at the Academy of Music, then I stopped, but this is another story. I still play piano for delight and I’m still a little girl, I’m only 18 (lol I’m kidding).
• I am a passionate about fashion (I also worked in fashion industry), but I always follow my own style.
WHAT I DON’T LIKE:
• I do not like destructive, negative, lying people, those who cultivate feelings of hatred instead of feelings of love. I don’t like parasitic and copycat people (I’ve met many people like that in my life).
• I do not have a good relationship with mosquitoes and I fear/dislike cockroaches and mouses (although my first pet was a hamster and I loved him!). Do not expect me to stay close to you if you should see one of them! Forgive me!
• One of the things that cannot stand the most about my country is that meritocracy rarely wins and too often nepotism is the rule. This is why not all people are professional workers and economy is down. I doubt something is going to change.
Well, I don’t want to annoy you with the story of my life. This is something about me. Follow my travel blog! Dream, Live, Travel!