Hey there! I am Maria Orlando, but often my friends call me Maria Sole, because of my charismatic being and energetic approach to life. I’m Italian yes, made in Sicily precisely. My life flows between the sea and my wonderful volcano Etna, which Sicilians call “a’ muntagna”. I live in this amazing island, but I travel everywhere, mostly in Europe, because of my job and also to enjoy the pleasure of discovering new places. I’m the Founder and CEO at Maria Sole Orlando – Marketing and Branding and a Senior Digital Marketing and Luxury Brand Strategist. I have always been supporting companies, business owners and entrepreneurs to build, step-by-step, a strong presence in the digital world and a profitable business. I love to define myself as a Beauty Researcher, because I think that beauty is in the simple things around us. Just open your eyes and your soul and be perceptive.
How Travellector was born
At the very beginning of my career I worked as PR and Event Manager (more events, more trips), then as Project Leader in the corporate training market, where I learnt a lot about personality and communication, attending NLP and Structogram courses. So many people asked me for travel tips when I came back home from my work trip and I was always so glad to help them with the right tips for their personality type. I thought that the time was ripe. This is how the idea of a blog where travel tips and personality combine together came. I started my blog. Everytime people emailed me for telling me “thank you” I was the happiest girl in the world, because my advice contributed to give them the best travel experience ever. I paused the project for a while. These years have been crazy. Sometimes traveling can be stressful, if you do it for work. Yes, this is the truth. And when I take even 8 flights in 12 days I confess that the only thing I want to do is relaxing away from the world. I promise I will write more and more.
I am a luxury day tripper. I love living both luxury experiences and local cultures. And this is how I always plan my journeys. I’ve been traveling across Europe for years. I often go back to the places I’ve already visited, because it is not true that those places always give you the same emotions. What it changes is the perception of that place according to the moment you are living. And this is something which drives you to discover hidden corners.
I have visited many European countries (but you know that it is impossible to see everything in a country). I love small towns, those characteristic not yet industrialized, that’s why you will read about many European unknown destinations.
WHAT I LIKE
• Kind and collaborative people, creating honest ties and show themselves for what they really are. Those who are funny, autoironic and self-mocking, living life to the fullest and make good use of their time.
• Everyone who is curious to discover the world. I’ve been always curious about life. When I was a child (I wanted to become an archaeologist) I always rummaged in the drawers of my house. My mother was very happy about it lol
• Meeting new friends, because people are stories.
• My books. I could never do without them. I always read books, especially the ones about women’s stories who live in remote countries, struggling to assert their freedom.
• Tea and infusions. I’ve tried all kinds of them and I came to the conclusion that I could drink 50 litres a day and I know that there would still be room in my stomach for a few litres more. I love the green tea and the tea Pu-Erh, infusions with flowers and fruits.
• Cooking and baking, especially Mediterranean dishes and desserts. Chocolate is my best friend. I only need a kitchen and some tools and I will start cooking immediately.
• Music. Do you know that I play piano since I was 8? Well, when I was 4 I started to play a piano toy, is it the same?. I studied at the Academy of Music, then I stopped, but this is another story. I still play piano for delight and I’m still a little girl, I’m only 18 (lol I’m kidding).
• Fashion. I am passionate about it. I also worked in fashion industry, but I always follow my own style.
WHAT I DON’T LIKE
• Destructive, negative, lying people, those who cultivate feelings of hatred instead of feelings of love. I don’t like parasitic and copycat people. I’ve met many of them in my life.
• Mosquitoes. I don’t have a good relationship with them. Then I fear/dislike cockroaches and mouses (although my first pet was a hamster and I loved him!). Do not expect me to stay close to you if you should see one of them! Forgive me!
• The absence of meritocracy. Unfortunately, it is difficult to find it in my country and sometimes nepotism is the rule. This is why not all people are professional workers and economy is down. I doubt something is going to change.
I don’t want to annoy you with the story of my life. Follow my travel blog! It is time to Dream, Live and Travel!