Hey there! I am Maria Orlando, but often my friends call me Maria Sole, because of my charismatic personality and energetic approach to life. I am Italian, made in Sicily precisely. My life flows between the sea and my wonderful volcano Etna, which Sicilians call “a’ muntagna”. I travel everywhere, especially in Europe, because of my job and I also enjoy discovering new places. I am the Founder and CEO of Maria Sole Orlando and a Senior Digital Marketing and Luxury Brand Strategist. I have always been supporting companies, business owners, and entrepreneurs to build, step-by-step, a strong presence in the digital world and a profitable business. I love to define myself as a Beauty Researcher because I think that beauty is in the simple things around us. Just open your eyes and your soul and be perceptive.
How Travellector was born
At the very beginning of my career, I worked as PR and Event Manager (more events, more trips), then as Project Leader in the corporate training market, where I learnt a lot about personality and communication, attending NLP and Structogram courses. So many people asked me for travel tips when I came back home from my work trip and I was always so glad to help them with the right tips for their personality type. I thought that the time was ripe. This is how the idea of a blog where travel tips and personality combine together came. I started my blog. Every time people emailed me for telling me “thank you” I was the happiest girl ever, because my advice contributed to giving them the best travel experience ever. I paused the project for a while. These years have been crazy. I took even 8 flights in 12 days for work and I confess that the only thing I wanted to do was relax away from the world. I promise I will write more and more.
I am a luxury day tripper. I love living slow luxury experiences and local cultures. And this is how I always plan my journeys. I’ve been traveling across Europe for years. I often go back to the places I’ve already visited because it is not true that those places always give you the same emotions. What changes is the perception of that place according to a specific phase of your life. And this is something that drives you to discover hidden corners.
I have visited many European countries (but you know that it is impossible to see everything in a country). I love small towns, those characteristics not yet industrialized, that’s why you will read about many European unknown destinations.
WHAT I LIKE
• Kind and collaborative people, creating honest ties and showing themselves for what they really are. Those who are funny, auto ironic and self-mocking, living life to the fullest and making good use of their time.
• Everyone who is curious to discover the world. I’ve been always curious about life. When I was a child (I wanted to become an archaeologist) I always rummaged in the drawers of my house. My mother was very happy about it lol
• Meeting new friends, because people are stories.
• My books. I could never do without them. I always read books, especially the ones about women’s stories who live in remote countries, struggling to assert their freedom.
• Tea and infusions. I’ve tried all kinds of them and I came to the conclusion that I could drink 50 liters a day and I know that there would still be room in my stomach for a few liters more. I love the green tea and the tea Pu-Erh, infusions with flowers and fruits.
• Cooking and baking, especially Mediterranean dishes and desserts. Chocolate is my best friend. I only need a kitchen and some tools and I will start cooking immediately.
• Music. Do you know that I play piano since I was 8? Well, when I was 4 I started to play a piano toy, is it the same?. I studied at the Academy of Music, then I stopped, but this is another story. I still play piano for delight and I’m still a little girl, I’m only 18 (lol I’m kidding).
• Fashion. I am passionate about it. I also worked in the fashion industry, but I always follow my own style.
WHAT I DON’T LIKE
• Destructive, negative, lying people, those who cultivate feelings of hatred instead of feelings of love. I don’t like parasitic and copycat people.
• Mosquitoes. I don’t have a good relationship with them. Then I fear/dislike cockroaches and mouses (although my first pet was a hamster and I loved him!). Do not expect me to stay close to you if you should see one of them! Forgive me!
I don’t want to annoy you with the story of my life. Follow my travel blog! It is time to Dream, Live, and Travel!