Spring is synonymous with rebirth. Everything around us awakens. Nature shows off its beauty which has been dormant for several months and reminds us that it is time to awaken our soul and to live this season of our life. We are all a bit tired of being huddled under the covers, of rainy and cold days, aren’t we? We do feel the desire to enjoy early spring warmth and then be ready to the explosion of summer. Each of us lives the springtime differently but we all have in common the desire for rebirth.
So here are 10 lovely and cool ways to enjoy spring to the fullest!
2. Awaken your body. It is time to get back into shape. You’ve probably turned into a lazy bear during the winter? Admit it, you entered into a state of lethargy!. Stretch your legs and go jogging, take a walk or ride your bike. It only takes 40 minutes a day and you cannot live without. If you are more adventurous go hiking or climbing. Remember:
— Maria Orlando (@travellector) 30 Aprile 2015
3. Take control of your health with a nutrition plan. After months of sedentary lifestyle, it’s time to take advantage of the season to change your relationship with food, if it has not been healthy. Usually we eat more fat in winter and less vegetables. Eat as seasonally as you can, especially lots of fruits and vegetables (artichokes, broccoli, lettuce, asparagus, beets, carrots, cabbage, strawberries), whole grains, fresh legumes, nuts and seeds. Drink plenty of water and detox your body. I often boil 25 g of dandelion roots in a pint of water for a few minutes. I drink it throughout the day because it is antioxidant.
4. Enjoy a spring break. Explore a place where you can dive into a full-fledged explosion of scents and colors. If you love cherry blossoms, visit some destination where you can find them and admire their beauty. Then, if you’re a fan of colorful flowers visit the largest park of flowers in the world, Keukenhof gardens in the Netherlands. Trust me, this is one of the most exciting experience not to miss. It is open only for 2 months! Then, if you want to be surrounded by a relaxing atmosphere visit the best blue cities in the world.
6. Decorate your home. Redecorate and freshen up your home in small ways to celebrate the springtime. Paint the walls (white is my favorite color) or decorate them with colorful stencils. Put on the bed bright and colorful sheets that recall the spring.
7. Deodorize your rooms. Make your rooms smell good leaving your windows open to catch a spring breeze. Deodorize your rooms with perfume essences like lavender, vanilla, rose, lemon, orange, and start spring cleaning.
9. Cultivate flowers. Do you love flowers? Is tulip one of your favourite flowers? You can grow it at home! How? Put gems or river stones in a vase, fill up about 5cm. Put tulip bulb on gems and surround it with other gems to ensure a good support. Fill the vase with water up to 2 cm from the bottom of the bulb. Put the vase in a cool and dark place. You will see your beautitul tulip blooming between 4-6 weeks. Adding some greenery inside is something I always do when it is springtime.